One of the best things you can do to reach your health and fitness goal is to be consistent! Working out and eating healthy food is great, but if you don’t have consistency it won’t matter. Working out twice a week and eating nutritious foods once in a while won’t get you where you want to go.
I know. You are thinking, “It’s hard to be consistent!” We all deal with that as life has a tendency to get in the way. But so do our poor excuses and laziness. Here are a few things you can implement to help you stay on track:
- Set Goals – Set weekly goals to follow. Start out with “baby steps” and work up to bigger ones. Keep them realistic to avoid disappointment.
- Get a Partner – Try to find someone that wants to embark on your journey with you. You can then keep each other accountable for you workouts and diet.
- Empty Those Cabinets – Throw out (yes you read that correctly) all your junk food at home! Take away the temptation and it will be much easier to succeed!
- Make Small Changes to Your Diet – Most people’s diets fail them because they try to abandon their old eating habits all at once. Some people may be all or nothing but not all. Slowly work more fruits and veggies and healthier meals into your daily routines.
- Schedule Your Workouts – Give your workouts priority! Our lives are very busy so schedule in time for your workout just like any other important meeting or appointment.
- Keep Your Workouts Fresh – Change up your workouts and try new things to stave off boredom. Most people quit because they are bored or plateau. Keeping things new and exciting will keep you interested and motivated.
These are just a few things you can do! Remember CONSISTENCY IS KEY! Being healthy and fit isn’t an overnight process. It takes time and energy but is one of the best investments you can make.